Donating in your Will by Making a Charitable Bequest
Did you know that bequests are among themost popular ways of giving. A Charitable Bequest is a gift you make in your will to a charity. After you have provided for your family in your will, you may wish to provide for Dianova Canada’s much-needed programs so they can continue for a long time to come thanks to your generosity.
Why Leave a Bequest?
- To leave a lasting legacy in memory of a loved one,
- To perpetuate the memory of a your name,
- To encourage Dianova Canada to continue its programs,
- To set an example in your family,
- To protect your assets from taxes.
How to Leave a Bequest to Dianova?
When you draft your will, ask your lawyer or notary to add a Charitable Bequest clause.
If you already have a will, you may wish to add a codicil to it. A codicil may be drafted by your lawyer or notary or may be drafted by yourself with 2 witnesses signing it in addition to yourself.
Types of Bequests
- A certain amount of money you leave to Dianova Canada.
- A specific bequest such as stocks, bonds, real estate, personal property, antiques, jewelry, rare books or collectibles.
- The remainder of your property or assets after all debts, taxes and expenses have been paid.
- A percent of your total assets. This may include pension plans, RRSPs as well as stocks, bonds, real estate and personal property.
- A bequest designated to support a specific program or programs.
Benefits of Leaving a Bequest
- You do not have to use money you may need during your lifetime.
- You secure your wishes for the future.
- Your estate benefits from tax credits.
- You can avail yourself of advanced financial strategies designated for wealthy individuals.
Please let us know of your intentions to leave a charitable bequest to Dianova in your will. We need this information for our records and to recognize you.
Every donor of more than 5,000$ will be acknowledged on Dianova's Honours Board.
Most important of all
You care about your community and wish to help those in need around you.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact our DONATION SERVICE